Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Grandpa's Visit






It's been a really busy week and I'm just finally getting around to updating our blog. Grandpa came for a visit last weekend and we took him to his first college football game to see Georgia crush Auburn - can't beat that!! On Sunday afternoon, we went to Stone Mountain. Their Christmas celebrations had just started the day before. I wasn't sure how Sydney would react to Santa this year, but she ran up to sit on his knee. Since it's so early in the season, I'm sure she'll get to meet him again a time or two in the next few weeks. The place is covered in lights and there were so many activities for kids of all ages. We watched a few shows, took a train ride around the mountain and then took the cable car up to the top of the mountain for some great scenic views. Sydney always loves to see her "Pop Pop" and we had a great time together.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like a great weekend - I didn't know Stone Mountain has all those festivities -very cool!

Andy and Jen said...

Wow, it seems unbelievable that it's already time for pictures with Santa. She sure is a cutie!

Heather J said...

We're sooooo jealous y'all get to go to all those UGA games... Maybe next year we'll get down & get to go again!! Go Dawgs (lose Tennessee!).

That's awesome how great Sydney did with Santa, Anderson wanted nothing to do with him last year... we'll see this year!

The Stiners said...

That is so great your dad could come down for a visit!! I know he's probably so glad you guys moved back to the mainland so he can see Sydney (and you and Sam too!). Hopefully you'll have lots of fun family visits over the next month! Miss you guys!!!

Ward Blog said...

glad grandpa could come see his precious granddaughter. grandpas are special...