I didn't realize until just recently that the birthplace of the Cabbage Patch Kids was just a short drive away from where we live! My mom and aunt were down visiting, so we took a "girls only" road trip to Cleveland, GA to Babyland General. My mom had bought Sydney her first Cabbage Patch Doll for Christmas which Sydney immediately became attached too, so she quite enjoyed seeing the many other "babies" in their home environment. We witnessed the birth of a CPK, which just happens to occur every 30 minutes. I was checking out each doll to try to get ideas for baby names, but none seemed to fit, as they often have very original names!
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Oh I'm so glad Cabbage Patch kids are still around. :) Hopefully Sydney will love them as much as our generation did. My first (and favorite) one was named Barbara Jean - how's the for a name suggestion? :) Just kiddin'. Looks like you had a fun time!!!
I just recently heard about this place. How cool! I would have loved to go there as a kid. Of course with 2 boys, I'm sure that a trip there isn't in our future.
Cory and I were through there when we were stationed at Robins! We went up to Athens for our 2nd anniversary and I made him stop there on the way back! Our girls would love it too!
Oh how i loved my cabbage patch kids when i was younger. hopefully emily will enjoy them just as much. maybe someday we will make a trip there ourselves, looks like so much fun.
This is awesome - I would have been all about that when I was young. I can't wait to take my girls one day.
I'm soooo jealous - I always wanted to go growing up in GA, but we never made it!!! I know it was a great time!
Post a Comment