Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What Happens In Vegas

Sam and I are hoping that we'll be able to get away to celebrate our milestone anniversaries. Last October was five years, but with a three month old, we weren't going far at all!! When my mom offered to come down to stay with the kids, plans quickly fell into place for us to head west! Neither one of us had ever been to Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon has always been at the top of my list of places that I had wanted to go. So, we took off over Memorial Day weekend to Las Vegas and then took a day trip to the Grand Canyon and the Hoover Dam, before flying home from Phoenix. We had an amazing trip! It was great to be able to get away, knowing that our kids were having way too much fun with Grandma, Cheryl and Natalie to even notice that we were gone! Although, Jonah did say his first "Mama" the day after we left!! Our dearest friends, Karen and Carlos Crespo, drove out to Vegas from San Diego, so we were able to spend a couple of days hanging out and catching up with them. Sam and I went to two shows together - Cirque Du Soliel's Mystiere and Tony and Tina's Wedding and then Karen and I took in Legends, a classic Vegas show. The Grand Canyon was absolutely stunning. Although I took hundreds of pictures, none of them do it justice. The Hoover Dam was also remarkable, and Lake Mead is gorgeous. The time passed by much too quickly and we had so much fun, that we barely had time to miss the kids!!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Anniversary Getaway
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: